The Foxgate was featured in the News and Observer’s Home and Garden Section Saturday, September 30th. The NC State College of Design’s Home Environments Design Initiative has partnered with the News & Observer on this monthly feature to highlight the work of North Carolina architects and to bring attention to the value of good design in housing.
This collaborative program aims to:
- Educate and inspire the public about the benefits of good home designs.
- Inform the public about the value architects bring to home building.
- Support and expand ideas of what a home can be for potential homeowners.
- Represent diversity for architecturally designed homes (in price, size, design approach, values and priorities).
- Support a growing residential market and residential architectural community.
- Architects across the state submitted residential designs built since 2000. A distinguished panel selected ten outstanding houses. Peter Chapman serves as Senior Editor for Home Design books at Taunton Press. Jean Rehkamp Larson, AIA, is a principal in the firm she shares with her husband in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Dennis Wedlick, AIA, leads his firm in New York City. Both Ms. Rehkamp Larson and Mr. Wedlick have extensive experience in residential architecture and are authors of notable books regarding home design.
Each of the selected homes will be the subject of a feature article to be published in the News & Observer during 2006. NC State School of Architecture faculty members and graduate students will share their expertise in articles highlighting important design issues and strengths in each Home of the Month.